Hard for the Hall is a documentary about the Rotterdam Energiehal, where the seed is planted for today Gabber Scene. The celebrations in the Energiehal were raw, pure and controversial. They formed the basis of a scene which to this day is active worldwide.
Art is more than sound, it is expression. The ability to express oneself should never be limited to any one form. This time the path of expression takes us to near space.
Journal of Short Film: Volume 26 Winter 2012 out now!
As we all know, there are fears and hopes, problems, and possibilities associated with the digital age. Without having set out to do so, JSF Vol. 26 animates them. The disc alternates
from a playful critique of the social fabric that digital technologies help engender to childlike explorations of play that they help enable.
Order yours today at www.thejsf.org
Works by (descriptions on website):
1. Yelp – Tiffany Shlain & Ken Goldberg (2011, 2:55)
2. Young Mother Nature – Steve Conroy (2011, 4:30)
3. D-Information – Louis Libitz (2005, 2:33)
4. Camp – Peter Freund (2011, 7:00)
5. Alone in the 475th – George Gantzer (2010, 5:39)
6. The Gift – Bernie Roddy (2004, 8:50)
7. Retablo – Susana Del Rio Kuroiwa (2011, 3:14)
8. Nothing to Undo – Jason Robinson (2012, 4:30)
9. Holly Hype – Amber Cecil (2010, 5:47)
10. Another Dress, Another Button – Lyn Elliot (2011, 2:24)
An amazing room which holds the Guinness Book of World Record for being the #1 quietest place on earth. If you are a sound fanatic like myself, this is extremely interesting environment at Orfield Laboratories in Minnesota . However you must beware, you can go insane!
After a brief hiatus, Louis Libitz.com will finally be back up & running with a fresh new look beginning August 1st! Keep checking back for works by the artist in the forms of video, photography, electronic mixes, etc. Also, news about events, updates, reviews, articles, etc. The wait is finally over.